Sunday, February 28, 2010

Samlet


to spa, or not to spa, that is the question
whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows
of outrageous psych wards
or to take arms against a sea of troubles
and by checking into a spa end them. To be committed,
and by committed to say involuntarily,
to end the heartache and begin the thousand electro-shocks,
that psychotic flesh is heir to. Tis a consummation
devoutly to be avoided. To check in, to a spa
a spa perchance for a massage. Ay there's the rub,
for after that rest what bills may come,
when we have shuffled off this mortal schedule of tasks
Must give us pause.
...
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
than pay for relief that we know not of.
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
and thus the resolution to commit oneself
is paled in the cast of thought,
And spas of great luxury, pondered
with this regard, turn too spendy
and lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
my spouse arrives, in his eyes
be all my previous credit remembered.

2 comments:

  1. To spa or not to spa may be your question. Mine is Tuesday or Friday, THAT is the question. Ha! I wish I could go! Samantha, you put into words what we all think, and then you wind it in among a wonderful Shakesperian play! I love seeing your talent. Write away! Leslie Wilkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaning towards Tuesday, as I have child care... but have not yet decided whether to check myself in to a spa or a loonie bin! Thanks for the comment, Leslie :) And also for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete