Wednesday, May 12, 2010

shabby chic


I want to shabby chic my life. I want comfort and a weathered shades of neutral color scheme. I want there to be an atmosphere about my life that is vaguely French.

This is not to say that my life isn't pretty. It's comfortably elegant when the toys are put away and the kitchen is clean and I'm not yelling at anyone. But so often the TV is on too loud, set to the latest HBO documentary involving guns and screaming. The children are yelling at each other over who gets the fairy wand / wizard stick. I am looking at an overwhelming kitchen situation, trying to figure out what to feed my squawking brood.
Too bad, I guess. Maybe when the kids go to college I'll get out the antique white paint and sandpaper. I'll be a little more weathered myself by then, perhaps more comfortable and if I stop dying my hair, it'll be antique white too.

... so. There it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment