Wednesday, June 1, 2011

bad news gets even worse

I've been doing some investigation into this whole snakes in the toilet thing and it turns out that my feeling of safety was an illusion. There is a whole world of snakes in the bathroom! I found it on YouTube. I showed my husband video after video and he pointed out that we have seen snakes in the toilet and snakes in the drains and snakes coming out of bathtub drains, have not seen the snakes enter the toilet bowl from the bottom. Then he took the time to explain to me again about the flap. The mystical flap that guards against reptilian intrustion. The story of the flap told to him by his brother! I don't know man! I've now got some wickedly spine icking images slithering around in the back of my brain.
So then he says,"But why don't you go look for a video of a snake coming up through the toilet drain? If anyone can find it, I'm sure you can."

So I turn my focus to toilet structure. There's no flap.
Right this minute, my spouse is on the phone with his brother, who has confirmed that it is possible for snakes to come up into the toilet. He is currently confirming that there is in fact ... NO FLAP! There is only an S curve. "So there's nothing stopping a snake from coming up through the toilet..." my husband is currently saying to his brother.
Oh. My. God.
Now he's apologizing to me for giving me a decade of false comfort and lack of toilet anxiety.

I feel sick.

...

Now they are discussing how horrible it would be if RATS came up and tickled or bit their bums! Who cares about rates? Snakes ... oh god.

"Yeah, I just made it up I guess... " he's telling me now. "I may have dreamed it. Somehow I got the idea. Maybe I just assumed..."

Now he's asking, "It's never happened to you though, has it?"


Not.
Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment